The guiding principle of our safer gambling campaign, Changing for the Bettor, is to be the most trusted and enjoyable betting operator in the world. This strategy is based around seven pillars;
- Understanding the problem and best solutions –we have announced a five year, multi-million dollar project with the Division on Addiction, Cambridge Health Alliance, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital.
- Educating our key stakeholders –including the national rollout of youth education programmes with gambling charities as well as state-school awareness campaigns.
- Promoting responsible attitudes –leading the industry in agreeing responsible marketing campaigns.
- Empowering customers –Using algorithms and gambling controls to prevent gambling harm.
- Funding treatment for those in need –increasing our donation to research, education and treatment on problem gambling ten fold, from 0.1% to 1% of gross gaming revenue (GGR).
- Championing responsible product design –developing more responsible product design principles.
- Drive cultural change within our business – ensuring that a safer gambling approach underpins all aspects of our business